There are 12,300 homes in Antelope (zip code 95843), of which about 600 are condos. That’s a pretty good bunch of houses, and somewhere around a quarter of them are held as investment properties. That makes for something like 2,000 rental properties in Antelope.
With that many rental properties in the Antelope market, one would think a renter willing to pay fair market rent should be able to find the type of house, or condo, they want when it comes time to sign a rental agreement. Not necessarily so. As for rents, they are on the rise, but rents can be very unpredictable. Here are a few interesting facts on the Antelope rental market over the past year (October 2014 through September 2015):
- Homes with five bedrooms, or more, don’t come up often, and when they do they generally rent quickly. On average, less than two five-bedroom homes become available in Antelope each month, and when they do become available they rent-up in two weeks or less virtually every time.
- Rents for five-bedrooms in Antelope over the past 12 months have ranged between $1900 and $2500 per month.
- Five-bedrooms can be hard to find, but finding a two-bedroom to rent is even harder. On average, just over one two-bedroom home per month comes available in Antelope. So, if you want a two-bedroom in Antelope, be prepared to act quickly.
- One thing you can count on, the rent for a two-bedroom in Antelope is going to be right around $1250.
- If you have a downstairs three-bedroom condo unit for rent, figure you have leverage. Lots of renters want ’em, and nobody can find ’em.
- For two years running, the monthly rent for a three-bedroom home in Antelope, by far the most common property available with nearly 25 becoming available each month, is going to average $1.00 per square foot……..
- ……….But, before you start figuring in your head, pull out you calculator. Smaller three-bedroom homes – say 1200 square feet – rent for closer to $1.15 per square foot, while bigger three-bedroom homes – say 2000 square feet – usually rent for about $.80 per square foot